Yesterday I did a lot of things I have never done before - successfully hailed a cab, hopped a fence to get into a start corral - but the most exciting thing was 2 races in one day!
You may be thinking, what's so difficult about this? And how is this NOT different from the Ragnar relay you did last weekend?
Conclusion: You are right. It's not so different at all.
Consider the similarities:
1. I drove a really long way to run my first race. My 2nd race was in my hometown.
2. I had about 13.5 hours in between races, slightly more than the time between my Ragnar legs.
3. My first race was HOT. Immediately after finishing, I changed my clothes and stuffed my face full of food.
4. I got *maybe* an hour's nap in between races.
5. My 2nd race was at night, and I wore a headlamp. And glo sticks. (I was very, very grateful for the headlamp!)
2nd conslusion: Double race day was a piece of cake. Race reports to follow.