1. Run 7+ miles on Saturday morning in circles around the subdivision, somehow without slipping and dying on the snow/ice.
2. Immediately after coming home from the run, jet off to Highland Park for a packet pickup, and then stuff your face with Real Urban Barbeque. Drink 3 Diet Cokes in the process. Eat everything on your plate.
3. Spend the day walking around the Chicago Auto Show. Sit in lots of vehicles. For an added challenge, leave your hand sanitizer at home.
4. Drink not 1, but 2 beer flights at Goose Island. Drink zero glasses of water.
5. Go home, stuff your face again (this time with Noodles & Company), and pass out on the couch watching old episodes of Friday Night Lights (not for added motivation, but because it's awesome).
6. Wake up the next morning and hit the snooze twice because you assume it's Saturday and you don't have anywhere to be.
7. Have Diet Coke, but no food, for breakfast.
8. Run the first 5 miles of the race at a blistering pace. Mile 6 is covered in ice. Don't slip and die on the ice. Weave in and out of a lot of tutu-wearing 5K walkers as you sprint towards the finish line.
Presto, your shiny new PR!