A few things...
1. This is the last ever brain dump post. Starting next Friday, there will be a new fun Friday post involving DRINKS!
You see, I wanted to branch out my blog just a little bit... lately, it's all been race report, race report, cry about no races, training, training, blah. So I figured, what is it that I could talk about? Well... sadly, it's drinking. Beer, in particular. So I may talk about a different style of beer, or a specific brewery, or even a classic cocktail that I like. I'm really excited. It should be fun.
2. I slipped on the ice like a cartoon character and broke my butt today. And now my beer buzz is wearing off, so things are starting to hurt again. Time to finish off the growler.
3. Yes, the growler I bought at Half Acre on Saturday will be finished tonight. I guess that means I have to go back there this weekend and fill it up, right? Right.
4. I am race-less AGAIN this weekend. I am dying. HELP.
5. Currently, I am typing this while watching the Blackhawks game. I have lots of crazy ridiculous things that I do for Hawks games, but if I told you about them, they would lose. So just know that I have them, and we'll leave it at that.
(Related: It's only crazy if it doesn't work.)
6. The bf and I booked a trip to Cancun for Memorial Day weekend. It's part long weekend trip, part bf's 30th birthday trip. You might remember that I got to go to Vegas for my birthday. (On the bf's actual birthday, he will be at a bachelor party. So yeah. We are celebrating early.) We are staying here... mostly because their sports bar and dessert menus met my high standards. I'm looking forward to it.
7. My March is shaping up to be an amazing month. Next weekend, I have 2 5Ks. The weekend after that, I'm meeting with #doubletrouble and we are headed to DC/Delaware for 2 half marathons. The weekend after THAT, I am going to visit my brother in Tucson, attend spring training games, and run a half marathon with him. And then the weekend after THAT, I am running a local half and then going to the Chicago Beer Festival. All of it will be epic. I can't wait.
Enjoy your weekend!