Big thanks to Kim for putting this together, as I need something to do while the football game is in a lightning day.
1. Who is your running shoe twin?
Pretty much anyone who runs a Rock n Roll race, since Brooks sponsors them, and I wear Brooks. Pure Project all the way!
My cousin is also my shoe twin, since I bought her a pair of Brooks at the Houston Marathon expo, lol.
2. When do you pause your watch on a run?
When I stop at a light. I don't run in place while I wait, either - I'm not a loser.
3. What is worse – being called a jogger or hearing someone call a 5K a “marathon”?
Being called a jogger. I correct people every single time. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does. It bothers me as much as people who can't spell!
4. What is your preferred running shorts inseam length?
I think my shorts are 3" or 3.5". Short, but not too short. I wear Nike Tempo Shorts and nothing else. They are the best.
5. Spitting when you run – gross or necessary or neither?
It's a necessary evil. When I did this race last year, my friend AJ caught up to me, and said he knew it was me because I was "spitting like a camel." Hah.
6. What is more exciting randomly seeing a friend on a run, or hitting a goal pace/workout?
I don't have goal paces or goal workouts, and I live in boofoo, so if I ever randomly saw someone, ANYONE I knew out here, it would be the most exciting thing ever. You would be reading about it on Twitter for DAYS.
7. What has been your worst running injury (something that happened on a run or something caused by running)?
Maybe not the worst, but definitely the stupidest - I broke my finger. While running.
8. What is your perfect running temp?
Today. Whatever today was outside in Mount Prospect at about 5:45pm. That. Always.
9. Do you follow a running plan or make your own?
I use a plan as a reference, but really, I just fly by the seat of my pants most of the time. I hate long runs on the weekends that aren't races, so normally I skip those.
10. Preference – treadmill, road, groomed trail, or technical trail?
I do all of my training and all of my running on roads, but I actually prefer trails of any kind. Something new I have learned this year.